FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Lounge at JFK
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2008, 3:27 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by roman15213
there is a place upstairs to the right, next to the check in area where Emirates representatives sometimes work; does anyone know if boarding passes could be issued at that counter? I get to JFK around 1 PM and it would suck to have to wait for the 11pm flight in the regular area. Any other suggestions?
I arrived at about 4pm for the 11pm flight last year. There was an Emirates representative next to the ticket counter, and he issued boarding passes. Not sure what time that starts though.

I think it will also depend on whether you have luggage to check. The person in front of me was issued a boarding pass, but then told to go to the fast bag drop check in area at 7pm when it opened. This wouldn't be much use to you though, as you still wouldn't be able to go airside.

However, when I got there, he took my bag and put it to one side, and told me he'd take care of it. I'm not sure if it was because I was an EK Gold, or because I'd only got one smallish bag (the first guy had a full trolley load of bags).

Cheers,
Rick