FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Don't Fly Emirates - but why?
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2008, 9:17 pm
rorschi

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Hello,

two years ago I recognized the fact that EK had a good reputation (at least in Germany...), attractive J-Class-fares and attractive destinations in India. With big expectations I flew MUC-DXB-HYD, but was not impressed at all. 2-3-2-seating in biz (A330) with plenty of obviously op-uped passengers, overcrwoded and noisy lounges at DXB, and not really motivated staff on board.
This airline, as well as the airport at DXB, are highly overrated - in Germany mostly by casual cheapo Economy-flyers for which LH is too expensive and by some travel magazines because of EK's attractive student-fares.
As my experience was pretty medicore, I decided to not join their FFP, but may be using them again from time to time if the fare and the timetable are more convenient than with my home-airlines.

Than there came the announcement that they are proud to offer mobilephone-reception on board - my feeling that mobilephones were used very excessively and rudely at the airport at DXB and the thoughts of being cramped between such yelling businessmen on the plane let me made the decision that EK will be a strict NO-GO-airline for me in the future.

There are really better alternatives around - even many US-airlines.