FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier posts losses, sells planes to raise cash
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:45 pm
loboclone

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Originally Posted by DenverF9Flier
Agreed about the business folks... if Frontier is smart and enhances their programs to attract profitable new business travelers, they can loose the price-sensitive infrequent fliers to Southwest, and end up making more money from us than they loose to the "Greyhound of the skies".

Now let's see them start to enhance the business experience even more, starting with adding a new "Pinnacle" EarlyReturns level for 50,000 miles/year that offers perks such as a companion pass, Global-services level personal attention, and a waiver of the few rules they still apply to Summit pax, such as the $35 award-ticket-refund fee, and the within-4-hour window for confirmed standby. I personally have no problems re-qualifying for Summit just a couple months into the year, so some of my business goes to United or JetBlue when there are times that their schedules work better for me. However, if F9 offered a 50k-mile tier, I would sacrifice some personal convenience in order to fly them more often in order to make the top level. Are there others out there who would do the same?
makes sense if you live in Denver, must be why Wn is expanding DEN. Many of us travel WN every week for business. And many business travelers don't travel the hub routes line F9 flies. Some of us can't fly F9 as much as we used to due to schedule and Q400 issue. As for the price sensitive in-frequent fliers on WN, they fly full due to them and I as a Frequent flyer spend my companies money as if my own. It all equals profits. As for F9 changing tiers and companion passes, when you bleed you retract not increase benefits.