FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:22 am
inyourvillages

Programs: legions, foreign and domestic
unbelievable.

it is sunday morning, 8:20 a.m. local time. just got a phone call from the front desk to make sure that my "accommodations were satisfactory last night." are you kidding me?

i called her on it. what is going on? why are you waking people up?

"i am sorry sir, but this is our policy"

like i said, not the end of the world, but totally weird.

EDITED: i spoke with the manager about being woken twice, about being walked in on twice, about not having key card programmed properly, about waiting 10+ minutes for elevator. he offered me 4000 points, which i took. he also offered excuses about some of the other things: crusaders for christ group was in hotel and "the kids are messing with the elevators." don't know if that meant playing around with, or just using excessivly. i've never waited that long for an elevator in my life though. because i was on two reservations, that was the problem with the key card and why housekeeping kept coming in. yes, i understood that was an issue when i checked in. that's why i went to the front desk on day two and had my key (incorrectly) reprogrammed. that's why i spoke with the houskeeping supervisor, apparently to no avail.

again, good SPG recognition (on a weekend though). very personable and friendly staff. but not a good experience and i didn't really get the impression that it was the perfect storm ... there just seems to be a good deal of people who don't know what they're doing.

Last edited by inyourvillages; Jan 28, 2008 at 9:10 am