FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - galway, ireland on AA
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:42 pm
SPEIDEN

I too am traveling to the west (Castlebar) from Dublin. I arrive at 8;35am and the flight to Knock is at 6:15 Pm for 20 euro. Another alternative is the train Dublin Heuston leave 12:40 arrive Castlebar 15:58 Do I have enough
time to make it to the train station? How do I get from the airport to the train station?? I do not understand the seating on the train
Premier seats Standard seats Ticket only It is a 3 1/2 hr train ride if you buy ticket only do you stand the whole way??? Why cant you buy tickets on the train for more than 28 days in advance. A round trip ticket on the train is 44 Euro. Another way is the bus It leaves at 11;15 cost 19 Euro but is 4 hours. I am thinking after 8 hours in a plane do I really want 4 hours in a bus. What would you do or do you have any other suggestions?
I also needed a hotel for my return as we leave at 10:30 and we want to be at the airport 2.5 hours early and it is at least a 3 hour ride so I booked Days Inn for $111.00 Anyone know anything about this hotel. I realize this is the American forum but I saw this topic already posted and I will also post this in the Uk section. Thanks for any suggestions>