FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:01 pm
websterlewis

Programs: Starwood Plat, CX Gold
Up until a couple of days ago IC BK had 5,000 points available all the way until Feb 15 08 - but suddenly they all reverted to 30,000 points en-masse.

Or maybe it is just showing 30K for me as I have taken my quota

Fantastic value at 5K for a Grand Deluxe renovated room - but with the property unwilling to give RA benefits at 30K I'll save the points and would rather pay and get the suite etc.

Really liked the new soft renovations (especially the AV connections)which has brought the once old fashioned rooms into 2008.

Another big positive is being able to walk through the connecting corridor to Thai Charm which, with it's a la carte menu (better quality and value than the buffet IMHO) has to be the best restaurant in any Holiday Inn in the world - if there is a better one let me know!!

As IC is often full (another reason why reward rooms at 5K is both overtly generous and surprising). I have been tempted to have the luggage pushed through the corridor to the HI for one night - but the rooms although looking ok with comfortable beds seem to suffer from HI syndrome (smells, dust etc) which means I will be jumping in a cab. For $30 to $50 more a luxury hotel can be easily found in BKK.