FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Help, I need xxx Miles" and "by xxx" (consolidated - archival)
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:47 pm
nacirema

Originally Posted by mooper

1) 8 500-mile stickers went into my account when I hit 1MIL. 8 more *and* 4 VIPs will go into my account when the 2MIL processes, or just the 4 VIPs?
for 2mm you get 4 e-vips only

2) I think I read VIPs are SWUs, or are they different?
same

3) Stickers don't expire - I know that. Do VIPs/SWUs?
yes

4) Are the VIPs/SWUs showing electronically or just paper? Can I use them for anyone or give to a friend, or are they just for myself/companion?
neither, aa keeps track of e-vips on file and you need to be on top of it.

5) Will I get more stickers each year without fliying, or are stickers earned only from the 10K-flown-for-4-stickers deal?
you get 4 stickers for every 10k revenue miles

6) I know that I need to request an upgrade when I reserve online (or call to do so), and I see that it calculates the number of stickers needed and will deduct them should I (and/or companion) get the upgrade. However, I read that there are also "complimentary upgrades" for Y/B fares. If I purchase one, will the online system still show the number of stickers required but just upgrade me and not deduct them should I get the upgrade, or is the display different for a Y/B fare in that it shows something different than the number of stickers required? Or, do the complimentary upgrades not work via online at all and require me to call? Im sure the system is logical, but Im confused by it.

Help appreciated.
y/b will still need to be requested on line/ telephone but it will show as zero stickers needed.