FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VS vs BA
Thread: VS vs BA
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2008, 4:00 am
Expatbear

Programs: BAEC Gold
I know I've said this before, but as someone who only travels J a few times a year, I thought VS was amazing. The food left a bit to be desired--it was clearly heat and tip, but then so is NNCW. The bed is *amazingly* comfortable for an airline seat, primarily because it flips over to a bed-only situation when you're ready to sleep. So you're not sleeping on a flat chair (with its joints, cracks, and cushions), you're sleeping on a surface that is slightly more like a mattress. As pinkpanther99 mentions, the duvet and pillow are lovely, as is the privacy. Also you get jimjams, unlike CW.

The inflight beauty therapy was nice, but for fifteen minutes of attention I'm not terribly bothered. It was a nice diversion though.

And I found the clubhouse to be brilliant. It wasn't the best haircut in the world but the food was nice, the staff attentive, and the whole experience really quite pleasant. The arrivals lounge (different to the clubhouse) at LHR is *much* nicer than the CW arrivals lounge, IMHO.