FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines
Old Jan 23, 2008, 2:29 pm
abezebabe

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by JerryFF
I'm wondering how much time this took you. I can play Flexicon at a rate of about 10 games per hour - including all the in-between stuff like saving points, retrieving, loading. Since I rarely have to do a search, I think that's about my own personal limit. At 25 points per game, that's 250 points per hour. For each 2500 miles one needs 4300 points - which would take me about 17 hours. So it would take me about 34-35 hours of playing Flexicon to get two 2500 mile awards. I'm at about 2800 points and I'm getting pretty tired of it.

Another calculation - if we use 2 cents/mile for the value of miles, that's $50 for 2500 miles. If I take 17 hours to earn $50, that's about $3/hour.
I really haven't paid that close attn to this. The closest to any type of measurement I have done, it takes me no more than 5 minutes to complete a puzzle. Some take me about 3 mins, some take longer because of the things you have listed above. So I'd say on average I can do about 12 puzzles per hr, I guess. I think I started right around new years or so, so I've been at this on and off for about 3 weeks. Having said that, there are times like Monday (MLK day off) when I had a lot of time to devote to this. I'm in Indiana, it's cold and there wasn't alot else to do. On a normal day, in the evening, I might get 7 or 8 puzzles maximum, I just don't have the time to stay at it for many hrs on end on most days. On the weekends, I might exhaust my puzzles each day. I'll try to pay closer attention.