FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum connecting time at CLT?
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2008, 9:34 pm
ERAU_MBA_Student

Programs: US Silver, WN, Marriott Silver, Hyatt
Originally Posted by USFreak
Not to sound rude back but you try getting off a fully loaded HP 757 going from the high A gates to the low B's......it's a hustle.....and yes, I will complain about 1 minute because it was the last flight of the night to SLC and if US can't be ontime (which they won't be), then you will see what I mean.....I made it with 10 mins to spare-gate closes with 5 left......and I was 20 mins late to PHX......i wouldn't risk it.....oh yea, my bag did not arrive with me.......
I am sorry that your bags didn't make it with you and if you had not booked the connection and US had changed the schedule on you and it was the last flight of the day I could see how you would be apprehensive about it. I guess I thought your first post implied that 29 minutes was unacceptable but 30 would have been, thats all I was pointing out. If that wasn't the case I apologize.

I understand where you are coming from on US reservations screwing up, they gave my grandma an 18 minute connection in PHX (definitely an illegal connection). She would never have made it if she hadn't told the flight attendant on landing that her connecting flight was in 20 minutes and the FA made sure a wheelchair or cart (can't remember which) were waiting for her.

I am young though and it will wake me up to run through T4 at 6:30 in the morning to make my 29 minute connection. LOL