FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thank You to our FF for giving up their FC seat...
Old Jan 22, 2008, 9:01 am
tommyleo

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by cwe84
On a side note I had just worked a flight into MCI and had several AF fire fighters that had just done four months in Saudi Arabia. Great group of men and women and everyone said their thanks to them. I was told by the gate agent that the welcome wagon in baggage was huge...
It's good to know that there are well-behaved service members. I recently flew PHL-LAX in F and was seated next to guy who just came back from Iraq. He was in 1A and he already smelled of alcohol. He seemed to be quite a bit wound up, but I figured, "who could blame him?". Then he drank enough alcohol to poison most people. Then he almost started a fight with the guy in 2A.

Before we landed, the FA gives him a bag with two bottles of wine as a gift. When we landed, it took a very long time for the plane to get to the gate (as is often the case at LAX). This guy FREAKED OUT over the delay. He was cursing out loud, over and over again. The FA had to come over twice to calm him down.

When we got to the gate, he jumped out of his seat and pushed an older woman, hard, out of the way so that he could get his bag that was above 3C. The FA didn't see that, and he ran out of the plane before anyone could stop him.