FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter {US-CA}
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2008, 9:23 am
thorpeflyer

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I stayed here in November--both on a corner balcony deluxe suite on the 12th(?) floor and in the trendy Lofts on Fifth. You get the sense that this Hilton is very chic--or that, someone did some snooping around the W when building this property. It's very mod and sleek, not overly lavish, but those looking for space (not views), and the upgrade will like the Lofts. The basic loft room (the upgrade for most Golds and Diamonds without much hassle) is a modified L-shape bedroom, with an enormous bathroom occupying the space in between the legs of the "L". The room was swell enough. Nothing spectacular about it, but it was big, and plush. Comfy. Some rooms look right in to the Hard Rock Hotel and their night scene and bright lights might not be what you bargained for--but this is the Gaslamp, folks. If I stay here again, I'd stay in the Lofts. Nice size room, turndown service with Milano cookies.

On a side note, the breakfast was really good. And the granola/yogurt parfaits and fresh squeezed OJ were super!