FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [17 Jan 2008] BA38 lands short of the runway
Old Jan 18, 2008, 3:22 pm
traveller42

Programs: Priority Club Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, formerly BA Gold, formerly KLM silver
Originally Posted by LapLap
There's also video footage of Chloe Richards and Ian Newborn shown on BBC News24 (there's a link on this page on the right "Passengers describe evacuation" showing these pax) saying very similar things. (I can't open that link, but I can see this one: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fc6_1200603997&c=1 the comments I've reacted to come after the 3 minute mark)
I've just watched the clip on liveleak. The experiences described by Chloe and Ian are quite consistent with my experences after evacuating a plane at LHR a few years ago.
After a while standing around on the grass, we were taken by bus to one of the gate lounges (T1?). I don't remember any refreshments other than what was available in the vending machine. They took everyone's name and adddress and asked people about injuries. I don't remember any announcements about why the evacuation happened. I think we got out after about 3 hours when they'd towed the plane to T4 and cleared out the hand luggage.