FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is on your wish list for a VX frequent flyer program?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:53 pm
bcrdukes

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Hmm...I can't say to be honest.

I'd like for them to implement a program where you earn something based on the number of flights and tenure (although farfetched.) I hope they don't have a tiered-status type of program like AC (Prestige, Elite, Super Elite.) I find that too difficult to achieve but I know a majority of people on this board are able to earn it. I'll go with your suggestion of something similar to TrueBlue's program as their rewards are round-trips which I think is sweet. I know Air Berlin does something similar to this but one-way and for me, I've been able to take good advantage of their program and I've always flown with them whenever I'm in Europe. Ever since the first time I flew with them I've yet to change carriers for my inter-European flights.

But to sweeten the deal, I'd like VX to offer stuff like free flights, upgrade certificates, free hotel nights, lounge access certificates, perks like invitation to special events like concerts, sporting events etc. It doesn't have to be complicated so keeping it simple for me works best. I like VX. Their target demographic is diffenent and not like conventional airlines like BA, AC, UA, Delta etc. I find those airlines very dry and boring. VX marketing appeals to me and their flights and crew are awesome. I find it that its the little things that they do for the customer that make it special, especially for me of the two times I've flown with them. And when March 18 rolls around, I'm very likely to drive down to SEA, hop on the plane and visit my family in LAX regardless of whether eleVAte is up and running or not.

Last edited by bcrdukes; Jan 14, 2008 at 4:03 pm