FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Voting Completed - Motion Failed) Should VX Have a Forum?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:49 pm
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Thumbs down 'Not that important after all'?

Originally Posted by Jenbel
. . . Following the failure of that motion, I was actually rather surprised at the lack of reaction - after all the fuss, it didn't seem that important after all, as its failure barely registered! Kind of like this time, when the people commenting on it are the TB watchers, with very little comment from those who are actually interested in the VX forum!

What are you expecting, exactly?

It's possible that some of us, who are extremely interested in, and supportive of, a VX forum, take the approach of voicing our opinions as thoughtfully as we can, then wait for the outcome and move on.

It didn't even occur to me that sharing my negative reaction would somehow be constructive. Isn't it obvious how the supporters of the forum would feel about the outcome, given the input they provided?

But if it's reaction you want, I'll say that this whole things makes me sad. We'll just watch -- again -- as someone goes away and establishes yet another board away from FT dedicated to a specific airline, resulting in the highest value information exchange occurring somewhere else.

But we'll have less 'forum clutter.'