FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Sampler
Old Jan 12, 2008, 1:30 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
LONGREACH to BRISBANE (LRE-BNE) on Qantas Dash 8 Q400 in economy class

Shortly before boarding I was paged and handed a "proper" boarding pass. Apparently they don't like you using PYOBP here (because there is no barcode scanner they have to manually keep track of the number of pax with PYOBP and add to the count of BP stubs). Seems silly to me. Most other airports without barcode scanners seem to handle it okay, and in any event they could rip off the extra portion of the paper (PYOBP gives two copies of the BP on the same page).

Again the flight wasn't very full.

I dozed some more.

Snack was a cheese ham and tomato relish sandwich, water, tea and coffee.

On arrival in Brisbane we got the same far stand as I had on the milk run flight the day before. This time, with the weather good (sunny, warm and a stiff breeze) we walked all the way to the terminal.

Then through security and up to the Qantas club to await my next flights. There were lots of kids taking up most of the computers playing games, with no sign of the parents. This annoyed many adult passengers (including me) as it was hard to get a computer (basically had to kick a kid off). The kids were there for a few hours (at least a few hours after I arrived) - so it looked like the parents used it as a daycare facility It even appeared that most of them were in one family/one group. So much for the signs that say "children under the age of 18 not permitted the use of internet facilities"