FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:09 pm
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
HKG into City.

I would tend to use the kiosk to buy a train ticket into town. We did this at first and the machine would not sell us a return ticket. At HKG I've always used the counter since I would usually be in on CX with a coupon for a train discount. If you use the counter the agent can sell you a return ticket at a I think 10% discount to the kiosk one-way rates. I know you get a discount the ? would be how much. Either way it is less than 200 HKG round-trip. And remember upon arrival into the City (Central) you can use the free bus to your Hotel or just take a taxi. The GHT was like 26 HKG all in.

On a side note. The Hotel has "London taxi" comp service on a first come, first serve basis for a limited area.

Another note. I have been wanting to add pages to my US passport. Thinking where I can do this I looked online since I was actually going to be in one place three nights. HKG Consulate was perfect. I made an appointment online. The first one of the day and took a cab over. Second in line for American Citizen Services. Waited 25 minutes while they added the pages at no cost. Beats sending it in to PHL for processing.