FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 11, 2008, 6:17 am
Pickles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by wuhoo
the first problem we had was with our room. well before our arrival i had requested a harbour view room but was told there would be an additional charge. after identifying myself as a diamond member, i was told upgrade would be done based on availability at check in. fair enough. fast forward to check in. the concierge/check in agent noted our request and again asked for an additional charge for the harbour view room. i declined. as it turned out i not only did not get a harbour view room but i also did not get on a regency club floor. understandably, the time period i was in was high occupancy (new years), but my understanding of diamond benefits was that i would be upgraded if there were available rooms. the fact that they again asked me to pay for a harbour room shows that there was availability. i did not pursue this because we had had a long trip and just wanted to go to our room.
From your comments, it sounds like you did get Club access, even though you did not get on the Club floor. Why would you care to get in the Club floor? Frankly, unless you end up on the 30th floor, the Club floors at the GHHK are a PITA because you have to change elevators.

For a long time now, I've been either given a Club floor or access to the Club, and very frequently (4 out of 5 times on average) I've been given a Harbourview room.