FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High pricing of NZ PE
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2008, 1:42 am
AndDee

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by oranjemakker

Just expanding on a point about pricing of NZ PE being discussed in the thread comparing PE in the 777 vs 747. Since it was off the main topic thought I would start a new thread.

i wanted to concur with some of the comments made in that thread that pricing on NZ PE does seem exorbitant, and I don't get how they get away with it on competitive routes like LHR (or anywhere in Asia/ Europe).

Still, they are obviously getting away with their pricing since it seems to be sold out all the time... am I missing something? Maybe people are buying PE to get mileage upgrades or free upgrades to Biz premier?

PE must be EXTREMELY profitable for NZ!
Thanks for reading my other posts and starting this thread

I have read that alot of people purchase PE and then try to upgrade to Biz Prem, but that being said I think alot of people purchase PE as they don't want to be stuck in Economy for 12+ hours and can't justify the Biz Prem price.

As I said in the other thread, NZ priced PE out for me on my trip in a few weeks MEL-YVR-MEL. PE on the 777 (Bad Bad Bad) would have cost around $4200, but moving later into 2008 most days the price is around $4500. This is more than DOUBLE discount Economy!!

I and lots of other people have booked on AC with AMEX's companion fare, NZ used to be a part of this but left it a few years ago! AC has also possibly not renewed this with AMEX either for 2008 From what I have been told AC's J cabin on the SYD-YVR route has many many people using the AMEX companion fare, so fingers crossed AMEX/AC renew this great offer.

Basically I paid $8000 each for MEL-SYD-YVR-SYD-MEL tickets in J on AC, a saving of around $4000 per person!!!!

NZ are raising the prices of PE to suit demand they really can't expand PE on the 777 or 744 easily so prices are being raise to lower demand but still keep most of the seats filled.

V Australia will have an impact on NZ and they are goign to have 75 PE seats! ^

On that note Mid Feb is the launch date for the routes and bookings for V Australia

Hopefully some good deals!