FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Sampler
Old Jan 10, 2008, 7:10 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Boarding was called. We had the far end gate. The flight was fairly empty - ridiculously empty in business class. I'd noticed the previous day that the seat beside me had been blocked ^

A pre-departure water, juice or bubbly. A DVD folder was handed out for me to make a selection before we left. My folder had only 3 offerings with lots of double-ups and triple-ups. Nonetheless I got my choice on request. With a short flight time announced I went for my 2nd choice of movie as the first one was a bit long to finish today.

We left on time. Another drink (water, juice, smoothie or bubbly) before breakfast.

My overhead light flicked on and off intermittently all flight. The small bulkhead screens showed nothing but flickers until close to landing when they sprung into life on the flightpath. The main screen had no such problems.

I dozed a bit.

We arrived early with a rare straight in approach, but most of this time was negated by a long taxi. As we disembarked I prepared myself to race across to domestic for my connection which when booked was short was made even shorter by a schedule change. Sometimes at this time of day I've taken the full amount of time I have available just to clear immigration and customs, and then there still is the transfer.

I noticed an Air NZ aircraft at a gate on the one world pier. They seem to be mixing things up a bit lately, for just a few days ago I observed a Qantas aircraft on the star alliance pier.