FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:50 pm
Fly Me To The Moon

Originally Posted by wuhoo
second problem was much more egregious. after receiving our room keys, i asked the agent about the fireworks display for new years eve since there was some question among my friends and i about what time it would be. the agent flatly denied that there was any sort of fireworks display. i inquired further, informing her that i knew there was on the previous year and it went on around 8p. The agent told that there has never been any fireworks display on new years eve, only ever on chinese new years eve. again, i asked her how that could be since i knew people who watched it last year. once again the agend told me there has never been a fireworks display, this time with an edge to her voice that i could only interpret as condescending. i was very taken aback and decided not to question it further and left. i have never had such an attitude displayed to me ever in any dealings with any hyatt, especially not in asia at a regency club. my wife was shocked and very unhappy with the attitude. as it turned out, there WAS a large fireworks show on new years eve beginning at 11:40p. how is it even possible for a regency club concierge to not know about such a large event and then to get snooty with me for suggesting that she was wrong?!
Compared to the CNY fireworks display, the one on 31.Dec is "nothing".