FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Upgrade Successes 2008
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2008, 9:47 am
RAPC

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
4 stays in the US to start the year. Not overly great Plat treatment, but then again most of my stays are in Europe where you can often snag a suite as a Gold from past experience.

Westin Savannah - Deluxe River View.
No upgrade, although they tried to tell me I had been upgraded. Had to ask for a Platinum amenity. Great breakfast the day after though.

Westin Hilton Head - Upgrade to a deluxe room with balcony.
Place was virtually empty and it looked like they were doing a bit of renovation work whilst it was quiet. Person at check-in didn't notice I was Platinum, so had to ask at which point she found the prepared pack for us. Had to then ask for a Platinum amenity as it wasn't offered. Hotel was nice enough view. Great view from the room and they gave us some vouchers for drinks and breakfast as the lounge was shut.

Sheraton North Charleston - Upgraded to club room
First hotel to actually make a comment that I was a Platinum member and offer the amenity without prompting. Nice friendly service and staff at the hotel.

Sheraton Myrtle Beach - Upgraded to club room
Again, full recognition at the hotel. Early check-in wasn't a problem and a nice friendly welcome. Club Lounge was closed for breakfast, so again we were given vouchers for the main restaurant.