FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Upgrade Successes 2008
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2008, 9:04 am
Anglo Large Clawed Otter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Two stays at the Westin Auckland Lighter Quay...

First Stay: Upgraded to large (600 sq. ft. or so) corner Junior Suite, with a large balcony overlooking the central pond/maori statue, and a small side balcony overlooking a tiny sliver of the harbor. LCD TV, small sitting area, work-desk, and massive bathroom with separate glassed-in shower w/monsoon showerhead and large soaking tub.

Second Stay: Received only a harbour-view room (not even corner). It was still nicely appointed, but I much preferred the Junior Suite we were given on the first stay. The minor disappointment was likely also due to coming back to AKL after being upgraded to the Penthouse Suite at the Sofitel Queenstown, which positively blew out of the water any SPG room I have ever received (and SPG has given me some extremely nice rooms).

Will post pictures once I get them off my camera and onto flickr.