FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - galway, ireland on AA
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2008, 8:23 pm
circusboy

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Will AerArann let you take "1 bag plus 1 personal item" into the cabin on that Dublin-Galway flight? (Someone else said it was on the "RyanAir model", and RyanAir certainly wouldn't.) If you're traveling AA with carryon only (the OP didn't say either way), it's likely that much, and thus connecting to a budget flight that doesn't allow that much means checking one bag and waiting for it at the other end, whereas on the bus or train you can take it all with you.
I'm not sure how they would approach this from Dublin, if the ticket was interlined I wouldn't see a problem as they would allow him take it on board, if he had to check in again in Dublin this could be more of a problem, however Galway is such a small airport the luggage can be off the aircraft quicker than the passengers. I wouldn't see this being an issue on the return from Galway.

Taking the train is a much slower option overall. 45 minutes min from airport to station, then 2hr 45 minutes on the train vs 25 minute flight, even if the OP had to wait for luggage overall it would be much quicker. Aer Arann is on most occassions cheaper than a first class train ticket.

Last edited by circusboy; Jan 6, 2008 at 8:29 pm