FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Arlington Gateway - Arlington, Virginia (Washington D.C.) [Master Thread]
Old Jan 6, 2008, 5:48 pm
dkelly1110

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Stayed at this hotel from Dec 29-Jan 1. Thought everything was excellent. I am only a "preferred plus" member, which I was told gives similar perks to a SPG Gold member, but in any case, we received a checkout of 1pm on the 1st (no matter as I was going back to NY relatively early that day) and were placed on a nice room on the 10th floor. I am not sure if this is a special SPG floor or not, but the room was more than sufficient. The decor was nice and the HDTV actually had HD programming which made watching some bowl games extra nice. The service at the hotel was excellent, they brought a large bucket of ice up when I called down (I had brought a bottle of champagne). The pool and hot tub were nice and there was never more than 3 other people there at the time we went. Also the gym was well appointed with TVs built into the treadmill/eliptical's LCD screens. All in all, I was quite pleased.