FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The demise of UA Connection software
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2001, 2:24 am
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
I noticed a fare I was interested in had dropped ... both Travelocity and Expedia showed the "new" fare, but United's web site stubbornly refused to give it to me, and kept offering the old one. With UC 3.0, I had no problem getting the right price. I went over to a CTO to ticket it (no problems there), and also to get a itinerary card and receipt for another trip booked on the web site. The receipt didn't show the complete fare calculation!

Why is United's web site, er, ITN so f---ed up for bookings??? It's much, much worse than it was even a few months ago! I am getting soooooooo frustrated with it!!! It spazzes out all the time ... I get Oracle errors, occasional JavaScript errors ... I find myself having to call the web support number (which I never had to do in the past), only to be told "we're having temporary problems" or "we'll look into it" (of course, they never actually seem to).

Why is United trying so hard to drive away revenue customers? Are they trying to fail so US Airways will buy them out?

[This message has been edited by EPS (edited 06-27-2001).]