FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2008 Amtrak Promotions and Discounts
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2008, 8:12 pm
darben

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Traveling to Albany/ Montreal

Please I beg you if you do take the Lakeshore limited ( I hope you do not) purchase sleeper accomodation. That train according to Amtrak was on time 32.4% of the time in 2007. That was an improvement from 2006 when it was on time 23.1% of the time. I live in Syracuse New York and refuse to ride that train anymore after I was late 11 hours on that train. It is not always Amtraks fault but still the train is not on time very often. You would be so much happier I think on the Cardinal to New York then on any Amtrak train to Albany New york or straight through to Montreal. You could explore New York City a little. Nice town to sight see in. Overnighting in Albany is not something I would look forward to my mapping software shows no hotel close to the Albany / Rennsalear Amtrak station and the city of Albany is across the river. Your Layover IF train is on time is 20 hours. On the Cardinal (check days of week) you would arrive NYC about 10 PM with a hotel across the street from the station and the train to Montreal leaves around 7;30 the next A.M. You will go through the beautiful mountains of West Virginia and come up the Atlantic coast passing through Washington D.C to me much prettier ride.

But thats my opinion

Last edited by darben; Jan 4, 2008 at 8:15 pm Reason: misspelled words made meaning unclear