FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The US Grant - San Diego, CA [Master Thread]
Old Jan 4, 2008, 9:45 am
gozetta

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Originally Posted by christianj
Will be at the US Grant starting Jan. 11 for 4 nights as a Platinum. Will keep my fingers crossed for a decent upgrade. Sadly with the way my upgrade luck has been going with *W over the last year I will get a "upgraded" standard room overlooking the A/C units or the dumpsters! If I cannot score a suite....any recommendations on room #'s to request or stay away from?
YES! There are 4 rooms on each floor that are literally next door to the elevator. These MAY be small suites but I don't believe I'd want them due to elevator noise (your preference may vary). Keep in mind that each floor has an elaborate "elevator lobby" before you enter the halls and these rooms are in that lobby--picture: room door, elevator 1, elevator 2, room door. They literally are that close to one another.

I would definitely request a room way down at the end (quite a walk from the elevator), overlooking the gaslamp district. I hear the regular rooms are smaller than most, so if you're stuck with a "basic" room, I would use your pull to get the best view possible.