FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam, Netherlands, Left SPG 1 Apr 2015 [Master Thread]
Old Jan 4, 2008, 3:03 am
ZackVLion

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
i stayed there on a reward stay in july...a few quick comments
1) asked for a canal view when i checked in (im spg gold)...they said everyone wants one so theyre almost all booked but if i could wait until 5pm-ish they could have one available for me. at 5pm when it was ready, a bottle of wine was waiting in the room saying "sorry for making you wait", basically. thought it was a nice touch.
2) id imagine all the rooms are all different sizes and shapes, but my room was very small...and the canal view was alright but imho, id much rather ask for a bigger room next time without a canal view....
3) beds are twins....this is fairly standard around europe, but i hate it....i always feel like im gonna fall off...but i assume thats all they have there...as a side note, in case anyone else hates twin beds...this was what i found during a recent trip around europe: hilton park lane in london: twin beds. sheraton brussels: full size beds. marriott regents park london: full size beds
4) location was excellent. walked many miles (i mean kilometers) everyday. as im sure others have said, the anne frank house is literally a block or two away...staff very nice. concierge very helpful....one thing to note: they have the movie times posted in the lobby for the theaters (just cut out from the newspaper)...i saw a movie playing i wanted to see listed (it was a friday, so i assumed it was opening that day) so i walked down to the theater and it turns out it wasnt opening until the next friday...for some reason they have showtimes for movies that dont open for a week along with all the movies opening that day....perhaps it said in dutch "opening next week!" but i wouldnt have understood...
5) didnt eat at the restaurant, was pretty expensive from what i remember (30-ish euros for an entree).
5) on a side note, i thought amsterdam was by far the most beautiful/greatest city i visited in europe...actually i think my favorite city in the whole word, that ive visited so far. so lovely.

Last edited by ZackVLion; Jan 4, 2008 at 3:17 am