FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place, Fremont, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:09 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hey all,
I expect Hyatt to have some growing pains as the Hyatt Place brand unfolds.
Hyatt as I understand it is still in the process of training the troops and opening properties as fast as they can. This will be for some time a brand in progress.
They are still trying to figure out how to price it. I have seen doubling of some rates in some select markets.I just stay elsewhere plain and simple when the pricing appears to greedy.......

One should call before arrival and check to see if any special conditions exist.
Be sure you get a name of whom you spoke with.
You are entitled to not pay your credit card bill if they do not deliver as promised. In a perfect world Hyatt would be there to step in and make things right.

What I have suggested in this forum and to Hyatt Consumers Affairs directly is that Hyatt find the time to get a guest assurance guarantee in place or risk losing a lot of customers over time.
In the interim if you do have concerns call the nice folks at Hyatt Consumer Affairs and hope for the best. They need to hear even if they have no policy in place presently to do anything but take notes and tell you to get luckier next time.........
I hope and soon Hyatt gets professional in that regard even if no policy comes down the pike
Cheers

Please also see my recent post "if you had 5 minutes"