FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VERY confused about strange "never before" time change in Argentina???
Old Dec 30, 2007, 10:13 pm
gq_dq

VERY confused about strange "never before" time change in Argentina???

So I ticketed my IAD-EZE flight on UA back in March of this year for travel in Feb of next year. Until a few days back, UA 847 was scheduled to leave IAD at 9:45pm and arriving EZE at 10:25am. Giving myself ample time I booked a domestic Aerolineas Argentinas 2:00pm flight from AEP across town (giving myself 3 hours and 25 minutes to get through immigration and shuttle across town).

Today I looked up the rez on the website. To my complete disbelief, UA 847 now arrives at 11:25am. I called UA and the agent was confused too... since a connection or stopover would cause a lot more than just a 1 hour difference. A time change was the only obvious explanation. She talked to her supervisor who said that Argentina had recently decided to change their time starting next year.
Really???!!!!

Then I looked at the Aerolineas website and my second flight still shows a 2pm departure.

Questions:

1. Is this the first time ever that Argentina is doing daylight savings? Otherwise wouldn't UA already have already known back in March when I originally ticketed?

2. Is 2:35 hours enough to jump between airports after passing through immigration at EZE (Assuming flight may be delayed)?

3. Can I save time by checking in online or does Aerolineas not allow this? Can Aerolineas cross reference my UA record to see that I am connecting?

4. THIS HAS TO AFFECT EVERY PASSENGER WHO IS CONNECTING IN ARGENTINA AND WAS ONLY MADE AWARE OF THIS TIME CHANGE IN THE LAST WEEK - BECAUSE ALL OTHER AIRLINES WILL STILL LEAVE THEIR ORIGIN CITIES AT THEIR ORIGINAL TIMES AND ARRIVE AN HOUR LATER. IS THERE ANYONE ELSE FACING THIS SITUATION?

Didn't see an Aerolineas forum so this was the next logical place to post.

Thanks