FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Patrick Smith Security Rant
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2007, 6:31 pm
APW Girl

Programs: AF; DL; & SQ FF Programs
Originally Posted by polonius
He asks a question I've been wanting to ask many on this board -- with all the complaining and often very well articulated arguments concerning how ridiculous the TSA's policies are, why is no one here willing to do something about it? Airport sit-ins may not be the way to go, but why not get a web site going, start an organisation, send a a couple dozen people to congress twice a year and put the pressure on them until they do something about it? You have an election coming up and I hear nothing about any candidates promising to address the security theatre issue -- because you haven't made it part of the dialogue. I hope this hasn't happened out of sheer laziness, but I fear it may not have happened because Americans really do no longer believe they live in a democracy.
Regarding your view about sending people to congress...all the political people travel and they know what is going on and go through the same things we do. Why haven't they gotten as sick of all this and done something?