FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Voting Completed - Motion Failed) Should VX Have a Forum?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 5:48 pm
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
That's a much better explanation of the kinds of things I had in mind with my stare decisis analogy than I offered. Thank you.

Originally Posted by nsx
I was and am in favor of a VX forum, but I am saddened that the new TB members did not have enough respect for the prior TB to let more time pass before making this motion. This is not what I call getting off on the right foot. Not to put a fine point on it, it's antisocial. Public forums have to deal with a wide variety of antisocial behavior, but the Talk Board should be better.

This motion puts TB members who favor the new forum in the difficult position of choosing between the new forum and respect for the prior Talk Board. IMHO, respect for the prior TalkBoard is more important for FT than is the VX forum. For this reason, had I been elected I would have chosen to support the integrity of TalkBoard decisions by voting against the VX proposal at this time.