FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Voting Completed - Motion Failed) Should VX Have a Forum?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 4:16 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Spiff
By measuring the traffic on such topics in the forum where people have been told such threads belong: ONSAFFP. Sounds pretty logical to me. Other TalkBoard members may feel differently.

I'm willing to wager some pretty safe drink coupons on this not being the case, especially considering all the discussion that has been going on here about ONSAFFP being the current place for VX. A copious absence of any "Where do I post VX items?" threads anywhere also makes me believe my drink coupon wager is a pretty safe one.
Other TB members feel differently.

If I were a casual poster and I had a question about VX but I didnt see it in the drop-down list I might very easily conclude that FT is not the place for me.

Further I dont support this forum based on 'buzz' or thread or view counts. I support it because there is a cadre of VX flyers and folks with an interest in VX who are also passionate flyertalkers and want to have the forum. That's precisely how flyertalk itself started, with a small cadre of passionate flyers who were also passionate flyertalk posters. I believe that, just like FT itself, with that passionate cadre and so much to talk about, VX has what it take to make it as a forum here. Maybe I'm wrong. But if so, what have we lost? Nothing.