FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some restaurants credit only Elite / VIP or Engaged members
Old Dec 28, 2007, 3:04 pm
dstan
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Exclamation Some restaurants credit only Elite / VIP or Engaged members

Just found out the hard way that some restaurants only give rewards to Elite/VIP members . I seem to recall that RN might have listed this in previous versions of the website, but forgot about it and don't see it explicitly indicated now.

Mrs. dstan and I had split a big bill at Whym in NYC for our group holiday party - I maxed out the monthly limit for the restaurant and we put the rest on hers. I'm Elite and got my miles no problem, but she's only Engaged and did not receive her miles. Upon contacting customer service, they informed us that Whym only shows up if you're an Elite member. Sure enough, a search of aa.rewardsnetwork.com for locations in NYC shows 327 if not logged in, 338 as Engaged, and 359 as Elite. Had I known, I'd have tried to put the rest of the dine on another of my cards, but oh well, all the more reason for her to qualify for Elite status asap in 2008!

Apologies if this has been discussed before - I couldn't find a directly relevant thread, but would be happy to ask JDiver to merge if appropriate.