FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back and forth across the Pacific on a variety of airlines in a selection of classes
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:14 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Sorry for the interruption. My flight was called.

The cabin crew were great. One of the other F pax asked if her son (I assume) could come up from a lower cabin and join her, and was politely rebuffed. To her credit the passenger accepted this and did go back to the lower cabin a couple of times to converse.

We pushed back on time and backed into a corner. But then had a 30 minute wait for other aircraft to go past (in both directions) before we could get out to the taxiway. The various aircraft tows in the vicinity appeared to not be well coordinated.

I chose this flight QF12 over the later flight because the later flight QF108 is notorious for being late, which may result in my being stuck in Sydney overnight or worse, and because this flight has a decent schedule for adjusting to time zones. Eat dinner on the aircraft, then plenty of time to sleep before waking for breakfast at a good time to adjust to Australia (east coast)/NZ time zones.

I had time to watch a couple of movies, and this time managed to perfectly time the last one with it ending just seconds before the IFE was switched off.

I got a reasonable sleep even though I enjoyed the service very much, almost too much

The amenity kit and pajamas were handed out early. The amenity kit was almost empty with a few gels, mint and eary plugs. The eye mask, slippers and socks, and toothbrush and toothpaste were together in the pajama kitbag. Nonetheless the amenity kit will make a good glasses case.

With strong headwinds we could not make up any time and arrived late. As we descended on final approach a Qantas 73H was in near perfect formation on our left - just a bit lower for that runway extends further into Botany Bay.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 27, 2007 at 1:28 pm