FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quick comparison between Jet and Kingfisher
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:29 am
SuperFlyBoy

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by anaggie
Am in India for vacation and flew both airlines in Y and Kingfisher in J. Here is my quick comparison:

In Economy Class:

Jet Airways (CCU-DEL) -- More room in coach, food is OK, service a bit mechanical and the consumer is more business oriented.

Kingfisher (PNQ-CCU) -- Consumer is more leisure oriented, packed like sardines in coach, food was good, and the service was AMAZING. The FA's are a sight for sore eyes with all of them being female !!!

Winner -- in terms of comfort -- JET
-- in terms of service -- Kingfisher

In First Class

Only flew Kingfisher (DEL-GOI) -- great seats, service, food and everything was akin to a long haul J product. The recline of the seats on the A320 are about the same as the old J seat on AA 767. I slept comfortably after the FULL meal was done which included salad/hot soup, Green Thai Curry, Rasmalai in Radbi for dessert and fresh coconut juice. After that they served coffee whcih I passed on and dozed off for approx 1 hr. We landed in BOM and then onward to GOI which they offered a hot meal with FULL service for a 1hr flight.

Some of the US airlines can learn from 9W and IT service !!! And price was approx the same as the USA flights since I was paying USD and I wanted my flight points credited on my card.

I was really impressed with the service and cannot wait till both airlines join an alliance for award tickets in J/F longhaul. As of Jan 2008, Jet will codeshare with AA in India for longhaul and domestic service. Maybe this will be a nod towards them entering ONEWORLD !!!!!
Never flew Kingfisher J, but my single experience in Kingfisher Y really wasn't that great - I'm staying with Jet...

Jet is more professional and respects their FF'ers more than Kingfisher does, imo... (I'm IT Gold - comped from Jet Plat)

Btw, have you flown Jet in C/J? It might be worth comparing that to your IT C/J experience, and posting it here.