FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX885 LAX-HKG on First (with fuel diversion)
Old Dec 25, 2007, 4:31 am
pacificboot

Programs: Cathay Silver, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
The flight touched down in TPE at 8:05pm, while the aircraft refueled, and cleaners emptied out the trash. With a crew change in TPE, the pilots and the purple-color dressed senior pursuers scattered in the empty seats in First Class, and the others sat in the empty seats in Business and Economy Class. I feel bad for those crew who have to sit in Economy Class, as they have to sit so close to the passenger that they served earlier. It is kind of awkward for both the passengers and the crew.

The turnaround was surprisingly short (turnaround took one hour the last time) and we turned around in 30 minutes, and left TPE At 8:35pm and arrived Hong Kong at 10:20pm, a three and a half hour delay in total.

Overall, I enjoyed the flight very much. It was sad it came to an end. It was really too bad that a last equipment swap stopped me from experiencing the new First Class. I also sent out an email to Customer Relations and voiced my displeasure in calling the passengers regarding minor flight irregularity at a time where common sense dictates that passenger is in bed, and to ensure accuracy of the departure boards. But despite that and the minor lighting/entertainment system flaws, the one word that best describes the trip is “perfection”.

I look forward to hearing your comments.