FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Angkor, Cambodia [Closed for Renovations]
Old Dec 25, 2007, 4:25 am
mario33
Suspended

Originally Posted by SEA2BA
I just got back on Saturday from a stay here. My room was on the 2nd floor but I ddi walk all the way around on the ground floor and I'm fairly certain (but not 100 percent) that pretty much everything I saw on the ground floor was conference rooms, dining rooms, restaurant, spa, etc. -- not any sleeping rooms. But I'm sure if you put in your reservation a note to choose a higher floor they would honor it.
You are correct, there were no guest room on the 1st floor (ground floor to non-americans).

While we did receive a corner suite upgrade on the 2nd floor, the suite (and I assume most rooms on this floor) was very dark due to the windows not being full-height and also due to the overhanging roof eaves above the windows. Its also a shame for a property that projects itself as a "resort", that none of the rooms or suites have a balcony.

The corner suite main bathroom was a long walk from the sleeping area with an L-shaped corridor leading to the bathroom. The decor, however, was simple but elegant in modern asian style (with artworks/sculptures reflecting the local heritage)

Another minor irritant in the suite was the use of very heavy bedspread on the beds. We had to seek housekeeping's assistance each time we need to remove the cover. From the website though it appears that the superior/deluxe rooms doesnt have this "feature". The beds were however quite comfortable (not too hard) for a Le Meridien property.

Service was also quite good, infact I found it much better than properties in Thailand of similar rating. Every little request was promptly delivered with a smile, and the staff dont hang around your room waiting for you to tip them .....

Last edited by mario33; Dec 25, 2007 at 4:45 am