FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone help me find the nearest metro station to here in Madrid?
Old Dec 23, 2007, 7:19 pm
LosAngeleno

Programs: UA 2P; SPG Gold
I'm fairly certain you cannot get there using the Metro; you can, however, use the Cercania commuter train. The map in your link shows the station "El Pinar" to the right (east) of Oracle's facility. It's marked by the red circle with a slightly tilted white U inside of it. This page will help you calculate trip routes and times on the Cercanias: http://www.ctm-madrid.es/servlet/Pun...3&CODBOTON=311

It looks like it normally takes a little over a half hour to reach El Pinar (de las Rozes) from Atocha (the main station). Of course, depending on your starting point, you may begin your trip at Chamartin, Prinicipe Pio or other stations (where you can also connect from the Metro). If you enter Oracle's address on mapquest (Jose Echegaray 6, Las Rozas 28230) and choose option 2, zoom in until you can match it up with the streets on Oracle's site, then look a few hundred feet to the east and you'll see railroad tracks and "Etacion (sic) Ffcc El Pinar" (the Cercania station). Sorry I can't give you a link, but mapquest doesn't recognize the exact address.