FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place, Fremont, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 22, 2007, 2:06 pm
jamesn00

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Originally Posted by Who ME
jamesn00,

I stayed at this property about 4 weeks ago and I was not impressed either.

The bad:
- The walls are VERY thin. The couple next door had a FUN time as they cavorted for about an hour before midnight, after midnight, not really sure. Either that or the television was on an adult film.
- The bathroom tub did not seem very clean to the point that I showered in my trust flip flops. It was also sad that the bathroom door rubbed against the toilet bowl when you closed the door behind you.
- I was going to use a plastic cup; however, they were not wrapped in plastic and were simply upside down on the bookcase under the TV.
- The ice bucket did not have the customary plastic bag and was simply dirty with water spots/soap scum.
- The carpet was quite dirty for a recently converted Hyatt Place that was formerly an AmeriSuites according to the desk person.
- The breakfast area was not completed so breakfast (complimentary) was in crowded meeting room with too many tables and not enough room to get between tables without bumping other guests. The food was barely edible as they only had eggs, sausage patties, some cereals, juice and coffee. Some breads and muffins were also available as was yogurt.

I had a good first impression of the hotel as jamesn00 did with the large TV and ample room. However, that was quickly gone while discovering the shortcomings of this property.

I've stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott a few blocks away on a previous visit and was much happier there. The breakfast was better, rooms were cleaner and the atmosphere was friendlier. No noisy neighbors (although you can always hear the doors slamming) and a friendly manager, Martina.
Agree on most of the points:
In my room the bathroom door didn't rub against the toilet, but it was close.
The breakfast IMO was ok - although still in a meeting room. As well as the above mentioned items you could make waffles. It was more than acceptable for advertised included "continental breakfast and cereals"