FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:07 am
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by JDiver
Mahalo, Karen! I will indeed keep adding - we are having a good time walking and wandering. This weekend we will hit the zoo and aquarium, as well as the art show at the zoo. The weather has been rotten, but cleaned up nicely the day we arrived (70 - 80 degree range, a few occasional tiny clouds - some of which release a fine shower of droplets, wet enough to be refreshing but not soaking.)

The $20 coupons are an HGVC item, not available in other than Kalia and Lagoon AFAIK, but we did receive them at check-in, and they have few limitations. We will probably use one to "pay" for the $10 per person upgrade to cooked breakfast on a weekend day so we can make it "brunch." There is also a number of iDine restaurants within walking distance, so we are making miles as well as walking them.
If you have time and want to do something different, I'd highly recommend the Segway tour. We did one in early Nov, from the HHV to Diamondhead. Unfortunately, we couldn't do a bill to room tho. With the extra crowds there now in high season, I'm not sure what it will be like, but people generally moved out of the way for us; it took about an hour to get over there.

We also ate at Sergio's, it was OK. We were upgraded to the Ali'i tower, from a 'room selected at check-in' cheapest rate I could find.

Oh, on the last day I did a surfing lesson, turned out to just be the instructor and myself, great experience. And that I was able to bill to room.