FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place, Fremont, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 21, 2007, 4:15 pm
jamesn00

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Hyatt Place, Fremont, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Stayed at this property last night. Had a pretty miserable time despite good first impressions.
The room was pretty nice - bright, comfortable and a good size. Nice 42 inch plasma and HD content (hotels often forget this when installing HD)

The problems were as follows:
- Internet connection was not working. This was a big problem for me as I needed to prepare for a meeting this morning and couldn't get online to run some tests. After an hour of the run-around from different people (the provider & the hotel) I got a hard-wired connection from the back of one of the PC's provided for guests but this was hardly an ideal environment to work (and it was after 10pm by this point)
- Noise from adjacent rooms. The walls in this property are thin. There was noise coming from somewhere (I think it was next door) all night (mostly doors slamming) but at 4am there were people having a loud drunk conversation in the hallway for 30 minutes. A call to the front desk 5 minutes into this didn't seem to have any effect (I didn't hear them actually try to do anything about it). Finally about 4.30 things seemed to quieten down a bit.

When checking out I asked for the manager but no one was available. I left my number so they could call me back but as of now I have not heard from the manager.