FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Erewards and Delta only redemptions if you signed up through them
Old Dec 18, 2007, 7:20 pm
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by IMH
...But now the e-rewards website is giving me the cold shoulder:

Thank you for your interest in e-Rewards. Currently, we are not accepting requests to join our program.

Unless they're tracking IP addresses and have just temporarily blocked mine, I wonder if this means too many people are trying to do the same thing...
Sorry to hear they close the door again. I just tried the link now and got the same sorry message. e-Rewards must be flooded with the self-initiated invitations in the last two days from all the "Delta runaways".

I don't think it has anything to do with IP tracking/blocking. There were folks asking where to get invites when the "Request an Invitation" was not activated earlier this year. I didn't even know it was open up until I checked the link last week. I guess the "unusual" high demand in the last couple days had forced e-Rewards to shut it down.

With the recent updates that people's requests are denied by sponsors, I would think it might not be a smart move to close your Delta-Sponsored accounts too soon, even you are not happy with Skymiles only redemptions. At least not until you get personal invites from other sponsors. IMHO, I would think if you DO receive personal invites, you shouldn't be denied for the new membership.

I've been getting invites from Hilton, Northwest, Delta, (AA?, maybe others?) in the last couple of months. The thing is I've already have an active e-Rewards account, so those invites are useless to me. Not sure if those personal invites are unique links though.