FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Seoul [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:00 am
jtrader

Programs: UA plat (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
you can contact the hotel directly and it depends on how busy they are. you can also catch any of the black taxi cabs with the yellow/orangish lights on them. these are the premium taxi cabs and they're usually quite comfortable. the cost will be close to $60~80 if i remember right.

the marriott used korean luxury cars last time we stayed there (opirus or ecuus) to pick us up. i can't remember the cost but i would guess closer to the $150 range...

the bus is a limo style (2 seats on driver's side and 1 seat on the pass side) and is quite comfortable. the bus stops at 2 locations at arrivals and will take you to the lobby of the hotel directly (there's just one quick stop right before the hotel) and only takes about an hour if there's not traffic... also, the cost is only 13,000won which is about $14~15 usd...
At current exchange rates, I'm pretty sure the taxis will be closer to the $80, if not higher. I haven't taken a hotel car from the JW, but the Ritz Carlton hotel cars aren't significantly more comfortable than the luxury taxis and they charge quite a premium. If I were going to take a car, I would certainly opt for the black taxi over a hotel car.