FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in MAN from AY to AA?
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2007, 4:10 am
GetAA81Back2ARN

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Again interesting. My trip was HEL-MAN-LHR-MAN-HEL (cheaper ticket, more miles and better timings for my purposes) and on the return journey the BA SS machines wouldn't issue me a boarding pass for the AY MAN-HEL flight. At MAN they didn't let me transfer airside since I didn't have a boarding pass - a printed e-ticket receipt and itinerary did not help. My colleagues who checked in the old fashioned way at Heathrow were issued AY BPs and were allowed to transfer. This cost me at least 30 minutes of precious beer drinking time at the nice BA Terraces in MAN (it pays off to have an AY Plat as a colleague ).
It may be that the gentleman in the "transfer desk/transit security" actually called "someone" to verify it was ok the let us thorugh. I must admit I don't remember that part. But I do remember being let through without a proper BP.

All in all - Manchester is very nice airport to connect through as they are so much more friendly there (compared to the zoo at LHR/LGW).

Of course it was better when AY arrived in terminal 3 (and flew from ARN) but it still a nice airport.

Last edited by GetAA81Back2ARN; Dec 19, 2007 at 12:13 pm Reason: Changed with to without