FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in MAN from AY to AA?
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:17 am
FlyingFinn

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
Follow the signs for Transfers when arriving. In order to get from T1 to T3 you (or your parents) will need to take a bus. They will call the bus from the transfer desk and it should arrive within 6 minutes. They drive you to T3 where you will pass through security. (I doubt that you can walk.)
Interesting. I saw signs for T3 pointing down one corridor in my intra-T1 transfer, and simply assumed that this would indicate it being possible to make the transfer by walking. I stand corrected.

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
If you do not have a boarding pass (I didn't) it was enough to show the itinerary from AA. After security a gentleman showed me to the AA gate
Again interesting. My trip was HEL-MAN-LHR-MAN-HEL (cheaper ticket, more miles and better timings for my purposes) and on the return journey the BA SS machines wouldn't issue me a boarding pass for the AY MAN-HEL flight. At MAN they didn't let me transfer airside since I didn't have a boarding pass - a printed e-ticket receipt and itinerary did not help. My colleagues who checked in the old fashioned way at Heathrow were issued AY BPs and were allowed to transfer. This cost me at least 30 minutes of precious beer drinking time at the nice BA Terraces in MAN (it pays off to have an AY Plat as a colleague ).