FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGA-JFK / JFK-LGA Airport Connections
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:54 pm
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Hmm. I guess I could go with no checked baggage.

Don't know how I got myself into this dilemna, I spoke with an agent to book it - why would he book an almost impossible connection?

I wasn't aware until reading my ticket closely of these two (separate) airports, New York to me was New York. Now I know different, but ...

I sure appreciate the help you'all are providing!

I did this connection in May, but mid-afternoon and with lots of time between flights, and fully aware of the marathon. You've got several things working against you:

1. Normal morning back-up and delays at LGA even given you built in padding on your inbound flight
2. Expect at least a half-hour to get any checked bags
3. Schedule of shuttle if you decide to take it (and only US$ are accepted, no credit cards!); cab will likely be your best option but fare too will rise if you're stuck in traffic for any length of time
4. Traffic on the Freeways during morning rush hour
5. General chaos at JFK and time to make the loop to the appropriate terminal
6. Check in at JFK (what carrier, have you status, etc.)
7. Clearing security at JFK

I suggest, if you can, change the flight ex-JFK to a later one, or the one into LGA to one the night prior and book a hotel at JFK. If you made the booking in the past few hours, you can often make a change within 24-hours of booking. (BTW what carrier are you on ex-JFK, and what about the return?)

Good luck, you'll really need it. And note it could be worse, you might have booked yourself into EWR -- there are actually three major airports serving NYC!