FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back and forth across the Pacific on a variety of airlines in a selection of classes
Old Dec 4, 2007, 4:46 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
CHRISTCHURCH to AUCKLAND (CHC-AKL) on NZ 737-300 in economy class

I was able to use the quick check machine to get my boarding pass. I wasn't sure if this was going to be possible given the international flights on the same ticket. There were no better seats to change to. I was disappointed that between booking and the date of flight the A320 had changed to a 737-300, so no business class seat for me.

BTW you can very easily tell which (few) domestic flights are operated on A320 aircraft (and thus have 8 business class seats selectable by elites) - they have a flight number starting with 9xx, or 14xx or 15xx. When the operating aircraft switches to/from an A320 the leading 1 is added (change from 737-300 to A320) or removed (change from A320 to 737-300).

I headed through security and into the nice Koru Club lounge. Having skipped onboard I had a late breakfast - there was a wide selection of foods which was soon replaced by morning tea snacks and a bit later by lunch food. I caught up on email, some work and FT.

Eventually boarding was called. The flight was totally full. I skipped the tea coffee or water and tried to doze. I was too sleepy to read my book. The young kids sitting around me got to hand out the lollies before descent - hmmm this is a change (back to the old ways). Last time they were available only for those taking a hot drink, at the time of being served.

We arrived on time and I was quickly on my way.