FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 3, 2007, 12:27 am
MattTaiwan

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Originally Posted by richee
Thanks for the info. It must have happened within the past 2 years. When I stayed there 2 years ago (in SEPT 05), my brother, a plain ol' Gold member was there, too, and he received the free continental breakfast then.

On the recent stay a couple months ago, I noticed the door hanger for free breakfast, but didn't imbide nor looked at the hanger closely this time.
This month will stay in GH Taipei for Christmas and New Year's Eve.
I booked four rooms for Dec.31 of 2008 on Jan.1 of 2007, the room rate is just only TWD$8750 per night. But since it's the last year of Taipei 101 firework show, GH Taipei adjusted the room rate in Feb. of 07. The " 101 firework promotion rate" becomes to TWD$10600+10% w/o breakfast. Then, the rate jumped again with TWD$14600+10% in Apr. for standard room type - Grand King Room (But this time they offered 2 buffet breakfast per room).

The room rate I paid for Dec.31 of 2006 was TWD$6030+10% with breakfast.

I checked with GH Taipei reservation department and they told me this year were all fully booked, and they requested the guests must pay full deposit in advance. Total of 856 rooms and suites were all taken You even can not use the Hyatt Diamond membership to GTD a standard room with rack rate on Dec.31.

Amazing People! in Taiwan